Since 2014, South Dundas Soccer has awarded up to three students each year, at high school graduation time, a bursary in memory of Jeffrey Buchanan.
Jeff was a long time volunteer in the soccer community in South Dundas. He was a coach, referee, mentor, and friend to many involved with South Dundas Soccer and the Seaway Kickers competitive teams. Jeff died suddenly in 2013, having just completed his final season as a coach a month previous, and long after his own children had aged out. Whenever something needed to be done, Jeff was always willing to help out. The bursary was founded in his honour late in 2013 and first awarded in 2014.
Students awarded this bursary each year also have been long-time soccer players in the South Dundas Soccer programs, and give back through volunteerism. These students have gone above and beyond in helping where ever needed, whenever needed. Recipients of this bursary have set a great example of giving back to their community.
- 2023 – Morgan Belhumeur, Aiden Blancher, Joshua Savard, Emily Vreman, and Victoria Westerveld.
- 2022 – Brandon Rodgers and Emma Acres
- 2021 – Adam Tibben and Hannah Mallet-Seymour
- 2020 – Jacob Garlough, Theo Blancher, and Benjamin Vreman
- 2019 – Kristyn Van Hoof and Aaron Tibben
- 2018 – Keaghan Lowson and Isaac Cummins
- 2017 – Tiffany Blancher and Antoine Scarr
- 2016 – Caitlyn Holmes
- 2015 – Ali Van Hoof and Quinn Smail
- 2014 – Joshua Martineau and Jessica Hartle